Friday, July 17, 2009

Excerpt from Echoes

The moon was behind a gossamer veil as you laid me down on the ground. It was a windless night weighed down by murky moisture. The dark trees were clustered together daring brave souls to pass between their legs. I wasn’t afraid anymore…

I heard our disembodied voice echoing memories from long ago…

“But Amina, my love, how can we be married if you don’t even want to spend time with me?” you would plead. I bowed my head and offered no explanation. “Amina, I won’t hurt you I promise. I won’t do anything against your wishes. I just want to be with you alone….without all these people around us all the time. Come to me please.”

“I can’t, Kurshid. Not now, we don’t have to wait so long, just a couple more months,” so went my weak justification.

“Amina, you know you are the only girl for me, right? When I first spotted you that day at Javed’s wedding, I knew I had to get to know that girl.”

I laughed in delight as I melted into his mouth.

No comments: