Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Living History

Watching the inauguration of President Obama is definitely not the end but the beginning of a new era. But this era has been long overdue. Witnessing and experiencing the stages of an epic journey undertaken by an optimistic and revolutionary team lead by a fortuitous individual is nothing short of living history. His somber and calm demeanor, his highly evolved sensibility, his insatiable aptitude to know and learn, and his sheer inspiring oratory skills makes me feel just about anything is possible in this lifetime.

I may be at the other end of the world yet I felt cradled by the tangible unity and universality that his historical presidency already incites in citizens around the globe. I feel, at once, at one with my fellow citizens in their plights, greivances, happiness etc

This monumental universalism inspires me to be a part of a social change, a generational upheavel that will bring about an era of diplomacy, sensible ruminations and planning, effective implementations, and an overall dedication in achieving beneficial results through proper and humanitarian channels.

No comments: